September 12, 2009

Uh Oh

Something is wrong with our car. The speedometer has been dramatically fluctuating for a few days, but we hadn't been able to get it into the shop and it seemed like it was running just fine. We figured that a sensor was probably going out. Today though, the RPM keep jumping up and down, including revving up really high even when I was only going about 25mph. Luckily Josh and I made it home alright. One of our friends is going to take David to church tomorrow so he can teach, but with all the car seat stuff, I won't be able to take Josh. It's a bummer because with work, I only get to go to church every other week, so to miss a week is a let down. Oh well, that's life. David is going to take the car to the shop on Monday and my mom will swing by the shop and bring him home. Not too sure how we'll get back there, but I figure we can find someone to give us a ride, or if push comes to shove, he or I can always ride the bus. Hopefully it will be a part they have in stock or can order quickly and it won't be too expensive.

I know that compared with the problems of many people, this is just a tiny little trial, but it still makes me think of how blessed we are. We have friends and family who give us rides and loan us vehicles. If it does turn out to be an expensive fix, I can always pick up more shifts at the hospital to help pay for it. (Look, there is an upside to David being pretty much unemployed, I can work extra without having to do day care!) I never thought that when I chose to go into this field of work, that I would end up being in a place that pretty much has taken care of all our financial needs, gives us great insurance with minimum hours to work and I get to set my own schedule. With the manager job, we never have to worry about not being able to pay rent. Our family is blessed.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

UPDATE--
Well, it only took a day to get it fixed to the tune of $250. Ouch, but it could always be worse. The people who initially replaced our transmission when it blew did a shabby job that continues to haunt us.

Stephanie said...

Oh no! I remember one of my cars doing that. :(

Mindy said...

Oh, I hate car troubles! They are the very worst things in the world! And I have some horrible stories about sleazy mechanics who took advantage of us...for years! I'm so glad it was a small fix, and that you have such a great job!