October 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh

Yesterday was Josh's birthday. It is so hard to believe that he is one year old! At times is seems like it was just yesterday that this little guy came into our lives, and yet some days it seems like he has been part of our family forever. Here are some pictures of Josh's 1st birthday.
Josh, as always, woke up pretty happy. We then went out to my family's house to watch football and have a birthday dinner.

Then there was the obligatory baby smashing cupcake experience. I was wondering if Josh would know what to do with a cupcake since I've never given him anything like that. Silly Mommy, babies are born with cupcake smashing skills!
Thanks Josh for a year of crazy nights, happy memories and absolute joy!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday to Josh! Time does fly! :)Looks like he really enjoyed his cake. Any your trip to Florida looks like so much fun. I hope that your bruise heals up quickly. I don't think I'd be much of a surfer either. :S Amazing picture of the beach and clouds!

Mindy said...

How fun! I'm pretty excited about the cupcake smashing experience. Josh looked like he completely enjoyed it, and he looked like he enjoyed his day. Very cute!

Did he wear five different outfits that day?

Congratulations on surviving his first year! I wonder when we have to stop considering ourselves to be "new moms". Are we still new moms now that we have 1-year-old boys?

The Marley Family said...

Happy Birthday Josh and Congrats to the two of you for getting through the first year! Looks like your "little tyrant" isnt bald anymore--he is such a cutie.

Mindy said...

Also, don't you just love the fact that we can have Halloween-themed birthdays with our October babies?!

deb sorensen said...

he looks like a footballer