Feel free to skip this one if you're not interested in matters related to my ever-growing stomach. And in full disclosure I am going to whine. You were warned.
I hit 32 weeks this weekend. No photo to mark the occasion, but if you remember how large I was when I had Ben, that's how big I am right now. With 7-8 more weeks to go. I've already gained as much weight (32 lbs) as I did when I had Ben. With 7-8 more weeks to go. I'm going to hit that 40 lb average weight gain end cap and then some probably. But I'm actually OK with this. I don't look like I've gained a ton of weight if you ignore the basketball sticking out of the front of me. For the first time, I can fill out my pants and bra properly. In fact, if I don't loose all the weight, an extra 10 lbs would probably sit well on me postpartum. If of course I can keep it in my backside and chest, which according to Murphy's Law will probably be the first places the weight will drop from, leaving me to work on the cellulite thighs and tummy.
Maybe because this is my third pregnancy, but I don't really feel that special "glow" that everyone seems to associates with the growing of a wee little one. The complexion has taken a time machine ride back to the high school era and instead of the lush mane of hair, I've developed a frizzy fro that takes ample and expensive hair gel to calm into some semblance of normalcy. And, as with all my other pregnancies, the gray hairs are multiplying. Not just single hairs, but patches around my face. Yikes. So not really feeling the whole "you're most beautiful while pregnant" thing.
Enough moping and moaning. On to the good things! Baby Sam is doing fantastic. No hospital stays for preterm labor! No additional medications for my irritable uterus! No bed rest! Little guy is growing right on schedule and is very active, Ye olde uterus is apparently less cranky this time because the contractions that plagued my last pregnancy are nowhere to be seen. Even the shots to the backside aren't hurting (or itching) as much as they used to. With chiropractic work the pain is slowly working it's way out of my hips and up my back. Hopefully I can sit for longer periods soon without pain.
I'm really happy that this pregnancy has been less stressful than my previous. I'll take extra cellulite, gray hair and a huge stomach over that anytime.
3 comments:
I don't need a picture to know that you are a beautiful glowing pregnant girl. You just are. I'm glad to hear that this pregnancy is easier, that there I less medical drama, and that you and little Sam are healthy. What good news!
So glad to hear this pregnancy is treating you kinder. However, you might have jinxed yourself with the mention of "no early contractions" ... you do still have 7-8 weeks left ya know. :) I hope everything continues to go well for you and I'm sure you do look adorable.
I KNOW there is NO way you look like the person you are describing. I am sure you look absolutely adorable pregnant the third time around. But your descriptions sure are funny. You have a very talented way with words. I am very happy for you that this pregnancy is going more smoothly than the first 2. That is a huge relief to you as a Mom of 2 toddlers I am sure. Less than 8 weeks left! Not too much longer! You are almost there!
Post a Comment