April 13, 2009

Six Month Checkup

Here are the little guy's stats for those of you who placed bets:
Weight: 19.8 lbs (81%)
Height: 27" (69%)
Head Circ: 17.5" (69%)
Compared to 4 months his weight gain is more in line with his height (84% and 51% last time) and he is a healthy baby. Since he hasn't met some of the 6 month developmental markers, they referred us to a local agency that works with kids with developmental issues. Don't worry, there isn't anything wrong with Josh, it's more preventative care to make sure that he progresses the way he should. He isn't trying to roll over all the way or crawl and can't sit up unassisted for more than 10 seconds yet. He also doesn't like to bear much weight on his legs, so he won't jump or stand. They refer a lot of preemie babies to this facility and my doctor said they would be able to give me suggestions of things I could do to help him, like games. If I qualify for insurance purposes, they will match us up with a physical therapist and other specialists. I think it will be a good thing for Josh, because I want the best for him and even if I just talk to them and get suggestions for games and exercises, that will still be great.

3 comments:

Kristen and Alex said...

I can't believe how fast your little guy is growing. Times just keeps on passing before my eyes. He is so big now! I love the professional family pictures you had taken. They are adorable.

Lauren said...

Thanks for the compliment, but we actually took the pictures ourselves. We have a tripod and a timer on the camera.

Anonymous said...

When you described all of those things that Josh isn't doing yet, I figured it was a preemie thing, too. I'm sure that it's super normal for babies just like him. I'm so glad he's a healthy boy! Glad that there ARE preventative things to help him catch up. you're wonderful for your positive attitude and desire for him to be the best Josh he can be. props.