
Coming September 9th, David and I will be outnumbered with the arrival of baby #3. We found out on January 2nd (I shall always associate the Rose Bowl now with a positive pregnancy test, since I took it during one of the commercial breaks). Here are a few excerpts from my journal chronicling the last six weeks:January 5th
Oh boy have the crazy emotional hormones kicked in. Dang. I find myself tearing up over the most ridiculous sappy things. My temper has a short fuse. I made a mess of cooking everything today and after burning my grilled cheese sandwich wailed to David that I was a cooking failure at EVERYTHING. Luckily he has the patience of Job, scrapped the burnt stuff off my sandwich and helped feed the boys dinner so that I could eat sprawled out on the couch. Actually, David was thinking I was pregnant before I did because, as he cautiously told me, "you seem a bit more sensitive lately." I married such a great guy. He could have said "you seem a bit more PSYCHOTIC lately." I don't remember being this emotional with my previous pregnancies, but then again I didn't have two little ones, including an autistic child and a must-be-going-through-a-growth-spurt cranky baby. Perhaps I'm just more tired this time around.
Luckily the hormonal stuff passed pretty quickly, right honey? Honey? Oh come on, you can come out of hiding now.
Jan 19th
I sure hope this morning (hah) sickness and food aversion goes away soon. I'm pretty positive a diet of cheese and hot cocoa isn't the best for growing a baby. The prenatal vitamins make me sick too. Haven't lost any more weight, but haven't started gaining any back yet either.
All day long sickness has been the curse of this pregnancy. I lost about four pounds and I'm just now starting to feel better. For about a month all I could eat was cereal. I was to the point of putting Ben's whole milk on it just so I'd get some sort of caloric intake so I didn't loose any more weight. This of course lead to having no energy at all, so I've been an anti-social hermit for the last six weeks living in a home that would have horrified me if someone had shown up for a visit. I never thought I'd be so thankful to be able to open a fridge and not want to vomit.
We were going to wait longer to make our announcement, but with my grandfather's passing, I felt like my family could use a bit of good news. Unlike with my other pregnancies, it wasn't difficult keeping this one a secret. I think it's because I wonder if people will truly think us out of our minds for having another kid so soon. Ben will only be 21 months older than this little one and with an older child with autism... I can see people wondering what we were thinking. The best answer I can give is that it was just meant to be. I knew that I didn't want another holiday time baby and after having an infant during tax season last year, I SWORE I would never do that again. When we decided that we wanted another, it was either try then, or wait another seven months to avoid that time window. Of course I got pregnant right away.
We joke about being outnumbered, but I really don't feel worried about having another kid. It's the right decision for our family. We have a home big enough for more, David recently got a raise and loves his job and I feel good and excited for having more, even if I'm now going against the norms of society.
Okay, monster #3, everyone is really happy to know that you're coming and while I'll admit that we're keeping pink, lacy, ruffly thoughts for a baby girl, adding another boy to this mix will be just as awesome.
9 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm excited for you guys, and hope to see you soon!
If it makes you feel better, I don't think you're crazy. We have 4 & we are in a tiny home and the twins were only 18 months when Sophie was born. According to my calculations, which might be a bit bias you are still on the conservative side of nuts.
PS I will keep pink in my thoughts for you.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! I'm glad that number 3 doesn't scare you (it does me a bit). Hope you gain your energy, and some weight, soon and are feeling well.
I will make sure to send good {pink} thoughts your way. :)
I'm very excited for your family! 3 sounds scary to me because I have heard 3 is very difficult, but you seem very at ease about it. How many weeks along are you then? And when is your due date? I will think girl thoughts for you too! A girl would be a nice change I bet, but boys are great too!
Oh now I see your due date is September 9th....duh!
So excited for you and your family!!! I wish you the best of luck this pregnancy, and I can't wait to hear all the news of your little growing family.
Eeeeeee!!! Congrats!
I'm off my blog reading game, but I'm so excited for you! I hope the emotional turmoil and sickness pass quickly. And as far as a girl goes..."may the odds be ever in your favor." ;)
You found out on my birthday! Yay. :) But most importantly CONGRATULATIONS (for like the fifteenth time) on this new little baby! So, so happy for you and your boys. I will going crazy until I find out what you are having! :)
Post a Comment