August 27, 2012

waiting... waiting... waiting...

Still here and still pregnant.  I told baby boy that anytime after this weekend would be fine to come, because I didn't want to miss my cousin's sweet baby shower or my brother's birthday BBQ.  I've been having lots of crazy stressful days at work and so far all they've given me is sore swollen feet, back pain and no contractions.  I'm feeling the pressure to deliver ASAP because I'd really like David to be able to take time off with me, but the further we get into September (and it's tax deadlines) the less time he'll be able to take off without really putting his co-workers in a bind.  I don't have to have him home with me, but it would sure be nice to have us all together for at least a few days after baby comes.

At my doctor's appointment two weeks ago I was about as far from delivering as possible.  Baby was still super high up.  It sort of feels like he's moved down a bit, but I won't know until Wednesday if I'm making any progress.  If she says I haven't I might just cry.  From my last pregnancy I know that all the 'tricks' to make you go into labor don't work worth a darn.  Ben sat on the verge of delivery for weeks before I ended up being induced.  For once, I'd like to just go into labor naturally without all the stress of a premie or an induction.

Whine, whine, whine, poor, poor me.  Sorry for the sob story, but at this point I feel like I've been huge and uncomfortable forever and I just want this little guy out so we can start the next stage of our journey.

No comments: