Yes, this kid was lucky enough that his birthday celebration lasted an entire week. Here is what we did on his actual birthday during the week.
Happy Pirate Day!
Josh wore his pirate pj's all day long. We strung up the pirate party lights and even Sam got into the festivities.
Ben was rather improperly attired in Josh's old Valentines Day pj's, but this picture was too cute to pass up.
Lunch consisted of a cross bones pbj tortilla sammy (don't ask, my kids are weird like that) pirate sword pretzel sticks and treasure jewel gummy snacks. For our movies we watched Muppet Treasure Island and Veggie Tales: The Pirates Who Don't do Anything.
When David got home from work, it was time for dessert. Josh was really excited for us to sing the birthday song to him.
Good thing daddy has quick reflexes.
Yes, I know that cupcake is pretty puny, but I know better than to give the kid a full-sized cupcake half an hour before bedtime.
Then of course I wanted to get a picture of all three little boys. You can guess how it turned out.
The first wasn't too shabby, so I thought, let's try for another.
They have the attention span of a gnat.
At this point (notice the baby spit up) I gave up.
It was now time for presents. Josh (as with everything surrounding birthdays) was really excited to open his gift.
However, he was less than thrilled that Ben was heck-bent on getting to the goods first.
I don't even need to caption this one. You can tell Josh yelling at Ben to keep away and Ben was sobbing that Josh wouldn't let him look in the bag.
Poor Ben, don't worry, your birthday is next.
Josh got a set of Angry Bird toys. Shhh, don't tell him that they're actually dog toys. The regular plush figures are ridiculously expensive. I was able to get a set of five dog toys for the price of a single large stuffed bird.
Totally of his own accord, Josh gave the yellow bird to crying Benjamin and told him he could have it. I feel bad to admit that I was pretty stunned that Josh would be so generous with his brand new toys. He is such a good little guy and really does hate to see people sad.
Josh's other present was a pair of Angry Bird pj's which he insisted on wearing for almost the entire week.
Tune in for the next episodes of Josh's birthday extravaganza, and how I think I need to have my head examined for planning not one, but two parties a month postpartum and running on hardly any sleep.
2 comments:
What a fun birthday!! Seriously, his celebration lasted all day long! (Or actually all week from the sound of it!) What a lucky boy. I love that it wasn't just a rushed celebration at the end of the day. You planned so much in advance, little things, to make it so special for Josh! I want to make birthdays really memorable like this for our children. (You may have sensed a slight undertone of bitterness in one sentence above...lol! Birthdays were always celebrated in my house growing up, which I'm grateful for. But I just love it when parents make that extra effort to make their child's special day TRULY special to show how glad they are that their son or daughter was born, and not just celebrate their birthday because it's what you should do! You are one great mom, and your boys are so lucky!:)
Also, how awesome that Josh would just give his toy to Ben to make him feel better! :) What a tender little guy. So sweet.
Post a Comment