October 29, 2012

Josh's Birthday: Eps II - Angry Birds!

For Josh's second birthday party (oh yes, there were three) we had an Angry Birds party with our extended family.  My mom was kind enough to take Ben for the day so that I could get everything ready.  It also allowed me some one-on-one time with my big four year old while Sam was asleep.  I think Josh considers me the best mom ever for all the cool things I made for him that day.  First off, his very own Angry Birds game using old boxes and green balloons that I drew pig faces on.  (Thank you, Pinterest for all these ideas.)
 He was pretty happy to have an approved place to throw his birds as hard as he wanted.


 Josh 'assisted' me in making these cupcakes.
 For dinner I made three pizzas, including Josh's own Angry Bird.  Don't let his face fool you, he really was happy.  The little pig is enclosed in a tuperware container, because Josh told me he was a space pig going to the moon.  And three weeks later Josh is still sleeping with those little guys every night.
The cooked result was a little odd looking, but not as unrecognizable as I thought it might turn out.
Josh insists that all guests wear proper party hat attire.
 Even the toys (with Poppa's help) got in on the action.

Josh was pretty spoiled by everyone.  He got more AB toys and an AB hat.  And thank you, great grandma, for giving him two tractors.  It made Ben happy that Josh allowed him to play with one of them.
 
David got out the ipad to show my dad a movie trailer and of course the boys dropped everything and were drawn like moths to a flame.

I know it kind of looks like I went all crazy for Josh's birthday (and you haven't even seen the party we put on the next night...) but it made me feel so happy to bring such joy to Josh's life.  When he figured out that I was making him AB cupcakes, he started jumping up and down with the biggest grin on his face.  Even though he can't really express himself yet (though on that note he's finally starting to use statements like 'makes me happy' and 'I was sad' to describe his mood!) I could tell that he was so excited that I was making things especially for him.  While I know that he probably won't remember this birthday in the long run, it was worth all the effort for the joy it created in the moment. 
 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Holy cuteness! What a great job you did. :) LOVE the pizza. Great likeness there. he he Glad he had a good time.