Have you missed me, dear and faithful readers? Me too. We're pretty much on survival mode here with tax season. Once again, I am in awe of single parents. How do they do this all the time? I'm wimping out and I only have to deal with no backup for six days a week, three months a year. Anyways, I hope to get back on here soon. I'm thankful for FB and the instant connections it gives me, but its nice to be able to flesh out ideas and tell more detailed stories. Like the full horror story of walking in on Ben's nap and discovering he had gone poo and then taken off his diaper. Poo EVERYWHERE. Gah. And that child gets into everything and has turned into a climber. I had to move my knife block because I turned around and there he was on the counter with a knife as long as his arm. Then he got into my makeup and covered himself. He sparkled for a few days and I changed his name to Edward. Oh, the holy terrors I never knew a two year old could inflict. Add to this a baby who refuses to sleep through the night (often waking up and not going back to sleep for 2-3 hours) and I think I'll probably be developing some sort of nervous tick. Luckily Josh is doing really well right now, which is a big blessing.
I joined a parent support group of special needs kids. I'm looking forward to us all getting out (child care is provided) because it's nice to speak with those who truly do get it and it motivates me to put on nice clothes. Skinny jeans are taking some time to get used to but I do feel cute in them, so it's worth the wonky feeling of my kneecaps being squeezed. I'm also getting more exercise after finally finding a nice double jogging stroller on Craigslist. We've been having more play groups as well, so I'm getting more social interaction. I find myself feeling so much better after being able to talk with other adults! I have friends! It's making this season bearable! I'm actually going out and organizing play dates and being proactive, instead of waiting around for an invitation. I bought new clothes with my christmas and birthday money so I don't feel like such a slub. It seems silly and superficial, but wearing a trendy shirt and scarf (with a top knot, of course) is helping me feel less like a trapped being who only exists to feed, clean and entertain small humans. I'm still Lauren and yes, I do rock those skinny jeans.
2 comments:
So, I wanna see a picture of you in your jeans! At least you have the figure to pull them off. :) I'm so glad that you are making friends and getting out. Talking with other adults is E-SSENTIAL! Hang in there, girlie. You are amazing!
Any season when you are holding down the fort without your spouse is hard, and you have to face it every year. It would be hard for me not to hate the Holidays because that means the coming of Tax Season. Hang it there! You're almost through. I'm so glad that you're being proactive about your emotional health, getting out, making friends, and having as much fun as you can. It will make a huge difference in your life.
And I'm with Stephanie, I want a picture!
And seriously, Duct Tape Ben's diapers closed!!!
Post a Comment