So this blog has been a bit neglected as of late. At first my excuse was that I had a new baby. Then it was the infernal tax season and barely keeping my head above water. But tax season has been done for about two months and yet no posts. I post (probably excessively) on FB and that’s my main form of outside connections right now. I still have things I want to write about (details of our camping trip, this year’s garden, Josh’s progress, Sam’s milestones, Ben’s crazy-yet-adorable two year old antics) but I just cannot find the time. When I get a moment of peace, the last thing I want to do is sit down at the computer. I either read a book or fall asleep. I love the escape reading provides. Not that I am unhappy with my life and feel a need to escape; on the contrary I’m quite content. But life with these little guys is so all-encompassing that the idea of taking my precious downtime and writing about my home and my family doesn’t appeal. I’d rather tag along on an adventure, or learn about someone/place else. (Are we friends on Goodreads? If not, we should be.)
So don’t delete me quite yet from your feeds, dear friends. I know that soon I’ll get the urge to write more than 140 characters again. Until then, enjoy the snippets of my life as seen on Facebook (makers of birth control should really be paying me to advertise for them) and have a fantastic summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment