We just got back from camping over Memorial Day weekend up at Prairie Farm with Lauren's family. If you actually know where this is, you have excellent knowledge of the boonie places in Oregon. It is a dry campsite (no water or man-made structures) 20 miles up a narrow gravel road outside of Sisters, OR. Its a place to ride four wheelers, shoot guns and hike. It was Josh's first camping trip. Above is a coyote. We found out that Josh's cry is an excellent coyote call. The previous evening this guy came right into our camp, no more than 20 yards from us. Uncle Ryan says that he wants to take Josh hunting with him now... With images of that goat scene in 'Jurassic Park' in my mind, I told him I'd make a recording of Josh's cry for him to use instead. First quad ride! The guys were pretty dusty after getting back from a long quad ride. Josh did very well taking naps outside. David and I slept with him inside the cargo trailer. It got down into the low 30's at night, so it was nice that Dad installed a heater for us.
Well, when you have a child that drools as much as Josh, you find yourself with a plethora of bibs. Since he has to wear then pretty much all day, I try to look for cute ones.
Camping and hiking in the beautiful Oregon wilderness...with your family...I'm completely jealous! What great memories! And kudos to you both for continuing to do things you love, and introducing them to the baby! Awesome parenting!
3 comments:
It's hilarious to me that you have a bib for all occasions.
Well, when you have a child that drools as much as Josh, you find yourself with a plethora of bibs. Since he has to wear then pretty much all day, I try to look for cute ones.
Camping and hiking in the beautiful Oregon wilderness...with your family...I'm completely jealous! What great memories! And kudos to you both for continuing to do things you love, and introducing them to the baby! Awesome parenting!
Post a Comment