July 23, 2009
Developmental Update
Josh got some additional developmental screening today and the verdict: a bit behind, but if you think of his actual gestational age as only being about 8 months, he is right on track. They're going to keep monitoring him and if he is still behind by next year, they will probably start some therapy but they feel that he will probably be all caught up by then. We were given some more exercises for him to do which should also help. Can I just say how glad I am to live in this country and be blessed with good insurance through my job? I mean, not only do I get great health care but I get free access to places to make sure that his little mind and body are developing properly. To make it even better, I get all this great insurance for my whole family by only working 20 hours a week. When I think of the many women and babies around the world that never get to see a doctor at all, I realize that I am truly blessed by the Lord.
brought to you by
Lauren
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a relief for you . i love seeing him (and you) on Sundays so I can imagine James. carolyn
Insurance is a nice thing. Glad he is catching up. He will continue to do so. Our first was 2lbs 10oz and is almost 3 now and doing great. He is a bit small, but other then that he is all on board. Josh will get there too. He is such a cutie. Good luck.
you're a wonder...I'm so glad that Josh is doing great (and I consider an eight month old baby doing FABULOUSLY!)... Did I mention that you are a wonder? I wish I could remember things like health insurance when I'm worried about my baby. YOU'RE A WONDER!!!!
Thanks everyone for your nice comments and support of our little family!
Amen! Universal healthcare is no good - we saw it in action while in England. People wait FOREVER to even be seen by their physicians and often don't get the care they despritely need. :( How wonderful that Josh can get the care he needs. He's such a cutie.
Hey this is Jennie (potts) Fergson. I found your blog through Emily. I didn't know you were expecting, so congrats on that. I hope all goes well in the future for him.
Post a Comment