
Josh got his first black eye. Above is right after the unfortunate incident, and below is what it looked like on day two. (
btw, it is almost impossible to catch this kid sitting still. For every still shot you see here, there are probably 5 blurry or partial shots on my camera.)

The evil villain responsible for this bruise? Bathtub faucet. It now has a cover, but it's a very silly-looking
girly duck wearing a bikini. The first thing David asked was "why is the duck wearing a bra?" and my response was that it was the only thing I could find, it was cheap, and it works. In other baby-related news, here are some recent pics of him playing.

Josh LOVES his mailbox. It sings, and he has fun playing with it with Dad. Look at our
FB page to see a video of it.

"Mommy,
why is there a monkey on my back?" Because Josh, you are starting to exert your
independence, which includes trying to run from Mommy in the store and grab everything on the shelf under three feet. So we bought you the
dreaded monkey backpack so we can keep track of you. Unfortunately, you don't really like seeing a monkey on your back through your
peripheral vision. So we make you wear it around the house with the hope that the next time we go out in public, perhaps you won't have a total meltdown again. At least not about having a monkey on you. I'm sure you'll find something else to make Mommy feel as if EVERYONE in the store is staring and glaring at her while you scream.

I didn't realize that he had that much food stuck to his face. Chalk it up to one more of those things I told myself I'd never do as a mom: let my kid go around with food stuck all over him. I swear it magically pops up out of his pores, no matter how much I wipe his face.
2 comments:
This post made me laugh... a LOT... Thanks! =)
Stick around Brittney, they generally do.
Independence?! Where did that come from!? I am pretty sure it was always there, just hidden under a blanket of immovability. AGH!
Post a Comment