December 1, 2010

Come On, Baby!

Well, at least I know for certain that the baby is coming this month.  This little guy is stubbornly holding his ground and must be determined to only be dragged out kicking and screaming.  He's got the kicking part down real good from months of practice.  Ben pushes so hard his foot actually comes up and slightly OVER my ribs.  Not a very pleasant experience.  Between my legs randomly going numb, intense back pain and all this hormonal junk, I am starting to go crazy.  Or at least more crazy than I was previously.  Add to it the fact that I'm not working anymore and you can toss in cabin fever to the mix.  I can't even take Josh out because he's sick again.

All the nesting has been accomplished and the even house is pretty clean so that if someone came over to watch Josh while we were at the hospital I wouldn't die of embarrassment.  I've been shaving my legs when I shower so that I don't go into the delivery with Sasquatch calves.  As any pregnant woman can attest to, this is no easy feat when you can't even see your feet and your center of gravity is way off kilter.  I've even been blow drying my hair after showering so that if I had to have my picture taken, I might not look like Sasquatch on that end also.  You may laugh, but if I don't blow dry my hair, it looks like a R.O.U.S. climbed in and attempted to make a nest.  Not attractive.

Almost all the Christmas decorations are up, courtesy of David.  Josh loves the Christmas tree and likes to touch all the ornaments.  For the most part he is pretty gentle with them and I didn't put up any delicate and sentimentally precious ornaments on the main tree.  Yes, we have two.  Now that we're not living in a tiny place, we got a used fake Christmas tree that is 7 feet tall.  The little 3' tree will go in our bedroom and have all the breakable ornaments on it, like the glass ones we brought back from Europe.

The Christmas shopping is all done (but not wrapped) and the freezer is stocked up with food.  All I want now is for the little squirming, kickboxing baby to make his way out.

No comments: