I go in to be induced tonight. This is my last day as a mom to only one rambunctious boy. A boy who decided to infect me with his cold. Guess who gets to go into labor with a sore throat, stuffed up nose and aching head? Yeah, lets just add another fun element to the ordeal of birth.
I should be doing things around the house to get ready. I need to change the sheets on the bed, vacuum, tidy up the kitchen, wipe down Josh's table and toys since they're probably carriers of nasty cold germs, sterilize some bottles and binkies, shower, shave my legs and blow dry my hair. (See previous posts on why these last couple ones are important.)
I'm actually very calm about going in tonight. I never really thought I'd have to choose to have an induction. Why mess with Mother Nature? However, after weeks of not progressing and terrible back pain, I know this is the right choice for me. I'm not scared of the "pitocin labor" that many say is very painful and difficult. I had it last time with Josh because after they had given me a bunch of meds to stop the contractions, they realized he was still coming and then cranked up the pitocin to counteract those other meds. So I don't know any difference. I also had an epidural last time and I think that I will go that route again. I had a good experience with having one before (no headaches, or only taking on one side or other nasty side effects) and if it hurt that bad last time with an epidural, I really don't think I want to experience what it would be like without one.
Josh and I have spent the day together playing and snuggling on the couch. Worrying about his reaction to a sibling is what concerns me most of all. He is a great kid and I love him to pieces and I hope he won't get too upset when we bring little Ben home.
Time to stop procrastinating my final duties. We'll post some pictures tomorrow. And don't hold me responsible if nothing is coherent on here for the next few weeks, as I will undoubtedly be turning into a sleep-deprived zombie.
2 comments:
Congrats! I can't wait to see pics.
We are very excited for you! Good wishes for a smooth delivery.
Don't worry about Josh. He will be alright. After a few months, he wont even remember life without Ben.
Post a Comment