October 20, 2011

good thing this isn't a fashion blog

Lately I've been following some mormon mommy fashion blogs.  There are some really fun ones out there, but for the most part they make me feel rather frumpy when I see how cute they look when simply going out to buy groceries.  For me, my only standard is to not end up on the People of Walmart website.  In reality I'm pretty much ok with the 90% frumpiness in my fashion life.  I see no point in wearing cute clothes at home because I'm probably just going to get puked on at any given moment.  I think something about having more than one child and living in the suburbs also does something to decrease a mom's hotness, because all of those fashion bloggers seem to live in big cities and only have one child.

The real reason I would never make it as a fashion blogger is that someday someone would find the photo below and then all my credit would go right out the window.
 Seriously, have you ever seen such a clashing outfit?  The boy is wearing a subtle baseball-themed red, navy and cream onesie, a camo bib and these rather unattractive blue/green stripped pants.  I can't even really defend it other than it was laundry day and clothing pickings were slim.  I don't have a lot of winter clothes this size because brother was this fat during the summer time.  I don't really want to go buy more clothes because I'm pretty sure he's getting ready for a growth spurt.  So sorry kiddo, but you and your momma are never going to asked for an interview on those cute fashion blogs.

In other news, Ben has discovered a love of cardboard boxes.  With the move coming up fast, I think he's going to be in play fort heaven.

Cold weather doesn't stop these boys from going out.  Since Ben refuses to keep anything on his feet, he pretty much lives in sleepers if he wants to play outside.

And that pretty much wraps things up for today.  My blog isn't filled with beautiful pictures, pretty clothes or fashionable ideas, but it is filled with what life is really like for our family and I think it's pretty darn good.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

1) What's the difference between a "mormon mommy fashion blog" and a non-mormon mommy fashion blog? Is the fashion different? Just curious. =)

2) I MUCH prefer blogs/pictures about real life... all that prettiness starts to get boring and I can't relate to any of it. Keep it comin'! =)

Lauren said...

I don't think there is much of a difference. I read an article back awhile ago about a woman (not LDS) who didn't have kids but had become addicted to the MMB's. She listed a bunch that she followed and out of curiosity I looked at them and am now following them. Some are rather trite and silly, some don't have any religious tones at all, and some put a lot of Mormon stuff in their posts.

Mindy said...

Can you post links to the blogs you're reading? I'm just curious, and I wanna see pictures. Although I probably shouldn't read them. I look frumpy in my old, puked-on clothes every day, and I probably don't need the comparison.

We have the same clothing issue with our boys. The cute Summer clothes are out-of-season. And I don't want to buy more clothes. Luckily, I have a good friend who lent me a whole pile of winter clothes for the baby. Now he's all decked out in someone else's cute baby wardrobe!