March 4, 2014

Expressing Appreciation

I had major guardian angel help today and it would be ungrateful of me not to record it.

It starts out with the admission that I brought misfortune upon my own head.  We have a new to us van and I was getting ready to put gasoline in it for the first time.  The fuel light came on so I decided to push it and see how far I could go once that light came on.  My mistake was not reading the owner's manual and assuming that it would have a feature like my previous cars wherein the fuel light starts blinking when it gets super low.  Let it be known that the fuel light will NOT blink when it gets low, and that unlike other cars of mine that would go 50 miles once the light turns on, the Honda Odyssey fuel light gives no quarter.  I only have 30ish miles from fuel light coming on to running out of gas.

Here's where the guardian angels come in.  I ran out of fuel RIGHT IN FRONT of a gas station.  I was able to coast into the gas station parking lot.  A man immediately saw that I was in trouble, called to his teenage son who was sitting in their truck and they pushed my van to the pump.  Then they waited until I got fuel in it to make sure it would start.  The father said that he didn't want a mom and her kids to be stranded.

Of course I expressed my appreciation many times to them, and I sent a message to the company they worked for (both were wearing company jackets with name tags) telling them how those two employees saved my day.  I also sent up prayers of thanksgiving because what are the odds that I would run out of gas in the exact spot that would allow me to coast into a gas station?  Two minutes earlier I would have been on a major highway.

I was watched over today.

1 comment:

Madame Palmkey said...

Whew! Lucky lucky you!!!