January 5, 2009

First Hair Cut

David got a hair-cutting kit for Christmas (lucky him...) so that I could be all frugal-like and save us money by learning to cut the boys' hair. Here is the result of my very first try. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. David is such a good sport. The other is of the little pirate baby that has commandeered our household. Josh's pirate name would be 'Chubby No-Beard' and would be feared far and wide for his explosive bodily fluids. "Avast matey and bring me my bottle booty!"

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Good job on the haircut. The good thing about his hair is, it's curly, so it's a little more forgiving. I'm grateful we're mostly curly here, for that reason. And Josh has officially surpassed Macey in weight!!! That did not take long. WOW!

The Marley Family said...

Good job Lauren! It's a bit scary at first but you will be a pro in no time. I've been cutting Derek's hair for a few years now-it really does save a lot of money.
Just don't look at my blog post of messing up Van's hair. I will say that kids are a bit tough-especially when they become mobile and decide they don't want a hair cut. It looks like you wont have to worry about cutting Josh's hair for a while.
Have fun learning!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! You are so hillarious! I love the cut...good for you! I used to cut Nick's hair until we found a place that will cut it for $2 dollars on Tuesdays...Now I don't have to get hair in my EYEBALLS! Chubby No-beard is looking just that...what a cute pic...what color are his eyes (I can't tell, sorry--my own eyes are so poor)?

Lauren said...

His eyes are greyish-blue. Some days they're very blue, so we hope they will turn out like his dad's.

Haley Webb said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea you had a baby! He is soooo cute. I am so glad you found my blog, I love keeping in touch this way. Keep the posts coming :)