
Today I got a reminder of what I need to do to be a Christian. An old man was digging through our dumpster looking for cans to turn in for deposit. I threw in my trash, said 'Hi' and drove off. He said back to me, "Hi Kiddo," which made me remember my grandpa. Then I got to thinking that he was probably someone's grandpa and the scripture from Matthew popped into my head. "
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." I had some change sitting in the car, I could have given it to him. Just some loose change for me, but it would have meant many less cans to search for for him. I tried to go back and find him, but he was already gone. It's easy to get jaded in our town because there are so many druggies and bums who are in that position directly because of poor choices they made. I shouldn't judge though and try to be more like Christ, who wouldn't have cared how they got into that situation. It was a good reminder to me that even though I say I'm Christian, it's my actions that really determine what kind of person I am.
1 comment:
Well said.
Post a Comment