February 23, 2009

Tagged Catch Up

A--Attached or Single: Attached to David
B--Best Friend: David
C--Cake or Pie: Depends, I love both more than I probably should
D--Day of Choice: Any day I get to be with family all day long
E--Essential Item: Internet and chap stick
F--Favorite Color: pink
G--Greatest Accomplishment: getting married, having a baby and traveling to Europe
H--Hometown: Junction City
I--Indulgences: Books, Internet, Travel
J--January or July: July
K--Kids: Joshua, 4 months
L--Life is incomplete without: David
M--Marriage Date: 05-06-05
N--Number of Siblings: 1 little brother
O--Oranges or Apples: Oranges
P--Phobias or fears: Lightning storms, house fires, rodents/insects inside the house
Q--Quotes: "If I can’t be a good example, then at least I can be a horrible, horrible warning.”
R--Reason to Smile: David always, and Josh when he’s being cute
S--Season: Fall or Summer, it’s a toss up, though I also love the holidays.
T--Tag 5 Friends: Kattie, Bex, Deb, Kristen, Brittney
U--Unknown fact about me: I can't stand it if my different food items touch on my plate.
V--Very favorite store: Amazon.com
W--Worst habit: Grazing when I’m at home, getting annoyed when the baby cries
X--X-ray or Ultra Sound: Ultrasound
Y--Your favorite food: tough one, probably something from the dairy group
Z—Zodiac: Aquarius

Things Everyone Needs to do Before They Die
I have marked the ones I have done in Bold!
Started your own blog
Slept under the stars
Played in a band
Visited Hawaii
Watched a meteor shower

Given more than you can afford to charity
Been to Disneyland
Climbed a Mountain
Held a praying mantis
Sang a solo (back when I was a kid and sang all the time at church)
Bungee jumped
Visited Paris
Watched a lightening storm at sea
Taught yourself an art from scratch
Adopted a child
Had food poisoning
Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (thanks to 9/11, no one can do that now, but I have been there)
Grown your own vegetables
Slept on an overnight train
Hitch hiked
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
Held a lamb
Gone skinny dipping
Run a Marathon
Seen a total eclipse
Watched a sunrise or sunset
Hit a home run (I’m lucky if I can hit the ball period)
Been on a cruise (does a cargo ship from Greece to Italy count? Probably not…)
Seen Niagara Falls in person
Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
Seen an Amish community
Fired a rifle, shotgun or pistol
Seen Michelangelo’s David in person (not David, but seen other art by him at the Vatican)
Sung karaoke
Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
Bought a stranger a meal
Visited Africa
Walked on a beach by moonlight
Been transported in an ambulance
Had your portrait painted
Gone deep sea fishing
Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
Kissed in the rain
Played in the mud
Gone to a drive-in theater
Visited the Great Wall of China in person
Started a business
Taken a martial art class
Visited Russia
Served at a soup kitchen
Sold Girl Scout cookies
Gone Whale Watching
Got flowers for no reason
Donated blood, platelets, or plasma
Gone sky diving
Visited a Nazi concentration camp
Bounced a check
Flown in a helicopter
Saved a favorite childhood toy
Visited the Lincoln Memorial in person
Eaten Caviar
Pieced a quilt (helped my mom)
Stood in Times Square
Been fired from a job
Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
Been on a speeding motorcycle
Seen the Grand Canyon in person
Published something
Bought a brand new car
Walked in Jerusalem
Visited the White House
Had chickenpox
Sat on a jury
Met someone famous
Joined a book club
Lost a loved one
Had a baby
Seen the Alamo in person
Swam in the ocean
Owned a cell phone
Been stung by a bee
Seen Mount Rushmore in person
Learned to play an instrument (then forgot mostly how)
Held a tarantula
Touched an iceberg
Changed a baby’s diaper
Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
Had a food fight
Screamed as loudly as you possibly can (see next)
Ridden a roller coaster
Visited all 50 states
Taken a road trip
Milked a cow
Been in a movie
Crashed a party
Made cookies from scratch
Gotten a tattoo
Rafted the Snake River
Performed on stage
Been to Las Vegas
Eaten shark (how about was almost eaten by a shark?)
Bought a house
Been in a combat zone (recent combat zone in El Salvador, there were bullet holes in the walls)
Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
Touched a sting ray
Broken a bone
Ridden a horse
Eaten sushi
Had your picture in newspaper
Gone back to school
Eaten fried green tomatoes
Killed and prepared an animal for eating
Dyed your hair
Caused a car accident
Saved someone’s life (helped at work, as part of a team)
I’m passing this tag onto: Those who have time and are interested in it.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

You've never taken a sick day when you were sick?? Really?? You're a better woman than some! But you should really try it sometime... I call it a "mental health day". =)

Also, you just spit the milk, huh? You never actually acquired it first hand? *wink*

Lauren said...

We're only allowed a certain number of sick days per year before we're subject to disciplinary action, plus I have to use my vacation time to cover all sick days, so no, I don't take any time off that I don't really need!

Anonymous said...

remember the food poisioning from the nasty singles activity, you , me, and nick all got it! ew! what did we eat!

Lauren said...

It was salmonella from a cutting board that had raw chicken on it and then rice. I think over 100 people got sick that night. Yucky!