June 10, 2010

The Joys of Toddlers

Josh has always been a Daddy's boy. He does a cute little dance of excitement when David comes home from work and runs to hug his legs. He follows him to the bedroom while David gets out of his work clothes and then Josh knows that it's time for wrestling. He loves to be tossed in the air, climb all over and crawl under his dad.The only part about this that doesn't work too well is that Josh hasn't realized yet that Mommy can't play like Daddy anymore. Pouncing on my stomach just isn't a good idea right now with the little bun in the oven. The poor kid isn't even fully formed yet and already Josh is harassing his sibling. He doesn't understand why I don't roughhouse with him anymore when I used to play with him just as much as Daddy. The fact that he now weighs around 32 pounds and almost gave me a black eye (accident) this morning might have something to do with it as well.

In other news (of course it's about my kid, since my life really doesn't involve much else right now) here are some recent pictures of Josh:
On a rare warm day I put Josh into one of his summer outfits. It's almost the middle of June and we've had about three sunny days I think since last year. Josh wears sweats and thermal tops most days.I have decided that the itouch is one of the greatest child-distracting toys of all time. We put a movie on it and Josh will sit quietly and watch the whole thing. Normally he is obsessed about pushing the little button so he never plays games on it, but he will watch a movie. We plan on using this the next time we take a trip, or if I have to take him to another one of my prenatal appointments. (Let me tell you, that experience was not good.)

No comments: