June 11, 2010

New 'Do

After many years, I finally got a new hairstyle. I haven't had it professionally cut or colored since the BC (before children) days. The last person who cut and colored it was David in our dingy old bathroom. I was attempting to save money... yeah... David actually did a pretty good job, but I figured it was time for something new.Here is the best thing I have to a 'before' shot. It was from last summer, but I really haven't allowed many pictures to be taken of myself lately since I've felt so frumpy. It's pretty darn close to what I looked like this morning, just a little shorter and as of my latest grocery store dye-job, a bit redder.

And now, introducing the new and improved Lauren hairstyle!Ta da! I had totally forgotten how good it feels to look good! I haven't been happy with my looks for a while now, because my hair is thinning and going gray. Darn kids, I blame it all on them. Now I feel more like a woman again and not just somebody's mother.
(please ignore that weirdo-looking disproportionate arm sticking out of my side in the second picture. In actuality, both of my arms are the same size. They're long monkey arms, but of similar proportions. thanks.)

12 comments:

cfg said...

Adorable!! Very sophisticated, like the new do.

Holly said...

I love it, Lauren! I can't wait to see you in person!

Madame Palmkey said...

Love it!

The Marley Family said...

You look fabulous! Short hair is a great look on you!

I am still in the same slump of grocery store dye jobs. :( And yes, it is those darn kids that give you grays--I'm there too.

doodooguru said...

It looks great. You are brave.

Lauren said...

I tell you, getting a new hairstyle is the best way to boost self esteem. Everyone is so nice and I keep getting so many compliments! Thank you everyone!

Mindy said...

Love it, Lauren! It's the perfect style for you! I hear you about feeling frumpy w/ thinning and graying hair! I feel like I'm aging prematurely. I'm glad you did something to boost the ol' self esteem. You look fantastic!!!

Josie said...

Your new haircut is SUPER cute! :) Oh and the gray hair, can't blame that one kids, I've got tons of gray hairs and don't have any kids yet! :D

deb sorensen said...

very cute ;)

I know about the "lets not look at the mom" pics. I seem to take them all the time! As you noticed already.

Lack of clothing that fits and the money to fix it hasn't helped the frumpy look. If only big boy jobs paid better...

Stephanie said...

So cute! You pull off the short hair perfectly! Love it!

Ashley said...

very cute 'do.

Anonymous said...

really cute!