So for those of you with picky eaters (child or otherwise) here is a great meal: Easy Chicken Lo Mein. You can find the original recipe here, but I'll put below the little tweaks I made.
Easy Chicken Lo Mein
Prep time: 20 min
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients
1 Tbsp oil
1 lb chicken breast, cut into thin slices. (You could use any type of meat. I plan on making it with some steak next time.)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
1 tsp ginger powder (or 2 tsp freshly grated ginger)
1 3oz package of chicken flavor ramen noodle soup
1 1lb bag frozen mixed oriental vegetables (I added an additional cup of frozen peas since I had some that needed to be used and it was just fine.)
1/4 cup water
Directions
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
2. Add vegetables and lid. Cook until veggies are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. While veggies cooking, cook the noodles without the flavoring packet according to directions. Drain.
4. Add soy sauce, garlic, ginger and noodle seasoning packet to water. Mix well. Pour over chicken and veggies. Add noodles, toss to mix and serve.
How simple is that? It was so easy and so tasty! I also had a partial red bell pepper, so I sliced it up and tossed it in as well. There was plenty of sauce even with my extra veggie additions. This is a great way to sneak in healthy stuff. I don't know how it would have tasted as leftovers since we polished it all off. As a side dish I cooked up some carrots and flavored them with equal amounts of soy sauce and honey. It was a veggie-heavy meal, but after our holiday weekend of gluttony, a heaping plate of veggies was pretty appealing, even to me.

3 comments:
Sounds yummy! I think I might have to try that this week. (I hate vegetables too....Blah!) So thanks for the easy recipe!
I am obviously a dork who can't spell vegetables. Whoops.
I had no idea you hate vegetables! A salad loaded with veggies is one of my most favorite foods! My kids love love love chow mein, they ask for it all the time, I've never made it yet. Can't wait to try this, thanks!
Post a Comment