Sometimes being cheap comes back to bite you. A few months ago I got a bunch of free toothpaste using coupons. I finally opened up a new tube, pasted it onto my toothbrush and proceeded with the morning ritual of tooth cleanliness. A few seconds later it looked like I had rabies. Foamy stuff was literally pouring out of my mouth. Glancing down at the package, I notice the tiny print saying "micro-foam action." Well, micro-foam action combined with a sonicare toothbrush meant that I looked like a mad beast. To top it off, the toothpaste has swirls of orange (orange, really?) through it, so the foam was a rusty color. So I looked like a rabid dog who may or may not have bitten someone.
I am determined to use the toothpaste since throwing it away would be wasteful. When the thought crossed my mind, I pictured all the orphans in Africa who would love to be able to have toothpaste, even if it made them look like a rabid, man-eating hyena.
With careful experimentation, I found that using about half of the normal amount produces a manageable amount of foam that actually does leave my teeth feeling sparkly clean. Now if only I could get rid of that orange-y color so I don't panic and think I've contracted scurvy every time I go to brush.
7 comments:
Again, this is a post that requires a photo. lol
I try to keep incriminating pictures of myself off the Internet. And at the time I was too busy trying not to spray foam all over the bathroom to even think about picking up my phone. You'll just have to imagine how funny I looked, because it was pretty hilarious.
Well you can take comfort that scurvy neither produces orange saliva or foam. Now if your children drool all the time THEY might look like they have scurvy, but I think you hit the nail on the head with rabies as the correct diagnosis...
I was thinking more along the lines of bleeding gums, because the color if the foam really does make it look like you had a bit of blood in your mouth. Why, R&D toothpaste person, did you think orange was a good color for toothpaste?
ROFL!!! Oh Lauren.....thanks for the much needed laugh!
HAHAH! That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing! Also....I love the story about your shoes! I totally know exactly how you feel to put on new sexy shoes to go out and look beautiful especially when you don't do it that often and you feel frumpy most of the time chasing 2 kiddos around. Yikes....I look frumpy almost everyday but Sunday too. Sad, isn't it? You always bring a smile to my face with your funny stories. Thank you!
Lauren, reading this made me laugh out loud, because it sounds like something that would happen in our house too. Thankfully, I don't think we'll ever find a bargain toothpaste deal that good over here, so we're probably safe.
Post a Comment