November 20, 2008
Big Boy
Josh weighed 8 lbs 8 oz today! He is now in the 12th percentile for weight. Waahoo, double digits! He was also king of the spit-ups today. He spat up large amounts after every meal and then random spit-ups through the rest of the day. They don't seem to be associated with burps. Josh will just be laying there and all of a sudden there is puke down the front of him. We burp him after eating but still ends up spitting up later. He had such a big burp today that he scared himself and started crying. Any suggestions on how to stop the spit ups? My apartment is starting to take on such a lovely smell... What I wouldn't do for my own washer and dryer right now. He is also having a lot of gas and that makes him pretty fussy. Any suggestions for that? As for sleeping, he was up from about 3am to 6am this morning, but I didn't cave in and he did eventually fall asleep on his own in his own bed. I'm starting to get good at reaching over in the dark, finding the binky and getting it into his mouth while only semi-conscious. He was back to only sleeping for about 3 hours at a time, but I didn't have to resort to waking David up to take care of him (school night) or taking him out to the couch. I'm happy that Josh is making improvements and look forward to the time when he will sleep through the night!
brought to you by
Lauren
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are growing into a pro without even realizing it. We all do. It just takes time, and it seems to crawl by while you are doing it. It has made me realize that I (like a baby) don't have to do much and wow! my Father in Heaven (parent) already loves me a lot. You already love your baby sooo much. It gives you a small taste of how much Heavenly Father loves you. Crazy, huh?! Keep on keepin' on. We love you guys.
Josh is growing! Have you tried Milikon (spelling) drops for the gas? My only suggestion for the spitting up is a possible different type of formula that is softer on the stomach. Other than that lots of loves for Josh and the parents.
Hi Lauren! I just found your blog through Holly's and wanted to say: Hello! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!
Claire spits up a lot too and it has nothing to do with burps, either...Not sure, but she is ALWAYS wet! I've heard there are different kinds of formula, but I haven't had to try them due to the plethera of milk I have (this is also a curse...I have to wake up in the middle of the night to pump or I burst, so take your pick, I guess)...Gas is more than common, the drops sometimes work, other times I just push her legs into her tummy all day long when it gets bad...or rub her tummy a bit...good luck!
Post a Comment