
We're starting to figure this little guy out. In order to get any sleep at night, we have to stuff him full of milk/formula. Josh seems to be extra hungry at night, so what I can give him only lasts an hour max. We then give him a bottle of formula afterwards until he essentially passes out. This morning at 3am it took 30 minutes of feeding with me, then FOUR ounces of formula for him to get full and fall asleep! This is double of what he normally eats. This will then get us three to four blissful hours of uninterrupted sleep. I can't figure out where he puts all that milk, but if that's what it takes to get some sleep, then I'm fine with giving Josh formula. I have finally stopped feeling guilty about giving him formula. It isn't my fault that I don't produce that much milk and I'm sure that it will keep getting better as more time passes. My biggest fear was that he would end up being one of those kids in the statistics they give us that formula-fed kids get sick more often, develop food allergies and a bunch of other stuff. Well, if it happens it happens and I can't really control that right now. So I just give him a bottle and enjoy being a mom to such a great little baby!
3 comments:
Josh is precious and it does pass, just not as soon as you would like. Keep in there. I remember there were times if I or Lillian would survive with the no sleep going on. Love the Halloween outfit.
Don't feel guilty. I used that exact same trick with both my boys and they turned out fine. Not only that, but then when my milk dried up (around seven months both times), it was a snap to transition to a full-time bottle because they already could take one. You guys are doing great. :)
You are doing great. I hate the formula too, but what else is there? 4 oz! that's how much Claire eats right now. I barely produce enough for her to be eating that much so I'll bet you aren't producing it this quickly! WOW! Fill 'im up.
Post a Comment