July 4, 2010

Another Boy!

We're having another boy! I didn't expect to find out so soon, but they're doing a lot of extra things this pregnancy because of the preterm labor, so I had an early ultrasound. Turns out the little guy had no issues with modesty and clearly let us know that he was, in fact, a he. I also started my series of 20 shots in the, um, posterior, to stop the early contractions. I get to take one for the team each week until 36 weeks. The things we do for our kids, right? It's a huge, monstrous and rather painful shot, so if you don't see me sitting down, you'll understand and pity me accordingly. Maybe I can train Josh to bring me a pillow to sit on when I clap.

Because of the large number of boys on David's side of the family (70% boys and 30% girls) I am declaring early our intent to name the little guy Benjamin. I figure someone in the family is probably going to get pregnant by December and since we really, really love the name (and we both agreed on it right away), I'm staking my claim to it now. Actually, I really don't care if someone uses it too, because no one else lives around us and it would only be a name issue at family gatherings.

So, I better get prepared for another bundle of energy (I can already feel him moving around) and to become even more out-numbered in our household.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I love boys (obviously) and it's so fun to have brothers to play with one another. I hope all goes well keeping the preterm labor in check.

The Marley Family said...

Yea! Congratulations!! Boys are so much fun.

It has turned out to be a plus having two of the same back to back--you already have all the items, clothes, toys, bedding, etc. Plus they love to play together.

Krista Sorensen said...

Congratulations Lauren! I really like the little measuring stick you put up too!

deb sorensen said...

LOL! I never would have pegged you for an all male family, but it sure looks like it's headed in that directions! Congrats. You'll be a great mom to Ben and Josh. (I TOTALLY would have used Ben, too...I just happen to have a brother and a cousin named Ben already, darn it!)

so sorry for the delicious and hardly brain clearing shots. that really, REALLY stinks.