July 26, 2010

Halfway Baked

Today I am halfway done with this pregnancy. That seemed really fast. Here is the obligatory tummy picture:
Pretty much I'm still at the stage where it looks like I just need to work out more. I had to bust out the maternity clothes last week because things were getting a little snug and the rubber band trick wasn't working anymore for the pants. I can sense the comments coming that I don't even look pregnant. Yes, I know that. It's because I'm tall. I could hardly eat anything but PB&J sandwiches for three months and the side effects of my medication include nausea and weight loss, so I haven't gained a lot of weight. However, I think when I go in this week for my checkup I will be back on schedule for healthy weight gain. Lets just say I've discovered an extreme love for chocolate milkshakes. I feel sorry for David though because he just started a diet and here I am eating fattening things.

All in all, this pregnancy hasn't been too bad. I can feel the little guy kicking around every day and it fills me with such a sense of wonder. I'll enjoy this stage while I can, before it becomes painful and I start whining about it.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You look cute! Definitely enjoy the shakes and the stage. I'm totally a complainer now. LOL

The Marley Family said...

You are adorable. I don't look that good and I'm not pregnant. :(

Enjoy all the yummy goodies!!