It's Friday night and I'm currently rocking the always-glamorous look of the hospital gown. And since I have a view of the offices next door, I better make sure things are closed up in the back before getting out of bed, lest there be a full moon tonight.
So why am I in the hospital? Apparently my irritability doesn't stop at my hormones: I officially have an "irritated uterus" that won't stop having mild contractions. I'm not in danger of delivering the baby right now (which is good, because I'm not even 25 weeks) but the fact that things won't calm down is making my doctor nervous because I guess it is a slippery slope to delivery from this point. So I'm on scheduled big doses of ibuprofen to see if that, along with rest, will stop the contractions by tomorrow morning. If they do, then I get to go home. If not, well, I'm not really sure.
I'm actually doing pretty good right now. I haven't freaked out, cried, or had a nervous break down. I went to the library today and checked out the new Hunger Games book, "Mockingjay" so I'm enjoying reading it. (David, I promise that I didn't do this on purpose so that I could read my new book uninterrupted. I swear.) What I do feel is guilt because of David. He's scheduled to take one of his CPA exams tomorrow. His work gave him today off so that he could study and have time to focus on the exam. Well, we can just shoot that out the window. At least we have family nearby who can take Josh tomorrow so that David can study for a few more hours before he takes the test. I feel so bad for David, so keep a good thought in your hearts for him to pass these important exams.
So now I get to play the waiting game and see what tomorrow brings. I've pretty much put things in the hands of the Lord since there isn't anything the hands of men can do right now. I know that He is aware of all our struggles and love me and my family. What will happen will happen and I know I will be given the strength to deal with whatever comes down the line. I am grateful for that peace and comfort. I know that you all will be thinking good thoughts and sending prayers our way and I wanted to thank you for that. Please keep David and Josh in your mind as well, since they're just as affected by all this as little Ben and I am.
7 comments:
I'm thinking about you guys! Way to stay strong! I don't know that I could do it quite so well.
Praying for you guys some more! You are so right in keeping your mind and heart trained on God's sovereign grace and care over your lives. xo
Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear that happened. I'll pray for you and your family and hope that things smooth out more.
On the lighter side, I'm quite jealous that you get to read Mockingjay. I need to track down a copy ASAP. :-)
UPDATE - Saturday morning I was allowed to go home on bed rest and medication. I will go back on Monday for an ultrasound and the results of that will determine what the next steps will be. Either strict bed rest (really, really hoping that won't be the case) or just modifying my activities and maybe cutting back a little at work.
Oh, that's good news Lauren. We will be praying for you!
I had the same thing with both of my pregnancies. Except they didn't know it with Phoebs until the end. With the twins, however, at 29 weeks I had to check into the hospital and get drugged up to stop the irritable uterus contractions. Then for the next 2 days I had to go in to get steroid shots in my bum and then it was bed rest for the next 8 wks.
you better believe it. and what on earth is a FFP or whatever test? you referenced it in an email, and I don't know what it is, but I forgot to ask there.
How did you get your hands on a copy of 'Mockingjay'!? I'm #236 on the waiting list at my library!
Post a Comment