I must be in need of some lessons in patience and humility because everything lately seems to revolve around waiting for things that are beyond my control. Last Thursday I had to have tests done and waited for test results that came Friday, leading to the hospital stay. Then the observation overnight to see if the contractions would go away. Then being discharged the next day with orders to rest and take medicine for the rest of the weekend to see what an ultrasound on Monday would reveal. Today's ultrasound looked pretty good (baby looks fantastic, right on time for growth with a good heartbeat) but now they want me to be on modified bed rest for a week to then re-do the fetal fibronectin test next Tuesday. If that comes back negative, then I think I'll be able to go back to a normal, though resting as much as possible, activity level. If it comes back positive again... then I think it will mean total bed rest. Not a very ideal outcome, so I am praying that the test will come back negative.
So everything is a waiting game right now. As a girl who likes to be in control, this is a bit frustrating for me. I am learning (yet again) that I need to put my trust in the Lord because there really isn't anything I can do about this situation on my own. David and I are very blessed to have the support of a great network of friends and family.
On an unrelated and happier note, Josh came up and gave me an unsolicited kiss all on his own for the very first time yesterday. It just about melted my heart and reminded me why I'm going through all this pregnancy trouble: the joy children bring. What a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment