We decided to use some non-graphic polo shirts for Josh to wear to church. Thanks to my mom for picking up some on clearance for us. Our church is having a swap meet next weekend and while I have to work, I hope to send David over with a list of items to look for and perhaps we can get some more clothes that will work for Josh. He'll still wear his white shirt on some Sundays (since I have one, he might as well wear it) but for the most part, I'll send him in some more durable clothes. Josh is also doing better about going to nursery and sitting through church. Unfortunately the nursery worker who he bonded with is having trouble with her pregnancy, so I think she won't be in there any more. This week they were short handed, so both David and I spent time in there helping out with the kids.
All in all, we're very happy with the adjustments Josh has been able to make lately. He no longer sleeps in the crib, never gets a binkie and we're slowly seeing him mature in his ability to be quiet for longer periods of time at church. It helps that I feed him a constant supply of cereal and he has specific quiet toys he's only allowed to have during church. I found I was actually able to listen to the speaker and absorb the message being taught! We'll get all this figured out just in time for #2 to start being a holy terror. C'est la vie.
1 comment:
You're a trooper. things are going to be great. what a great mom who does as much as she can for her kid. good work, momma.
Post a Comment