October 14, 2010

Not Your Average B-day Party

Here is how we celebrated Josh's birthday. Poor kid didn't get to open a single present or smash a cupcake. At least he didn't know to expect any better.
Josh treated us all to his crazy dance moves, which we refer to as "trotting in place" since he just stomps around in place as fast as his feet will go.

The couch cushions made an ideal fort.

We could only play like this for a moment because I'm sure Josh's shrieks of joy could be heard all the down the hall.
We ended the evening watching favorite episodes of "Shawn the Sheep." David and Josh were enjoying the comforts of the fully-automated bed. Josh was celebrating the fact that there were ten zillion little buttons he could push. It wasn't the pirate-themed birthday party I had been planning, but considering that I might have given him a little brother that day, I think Josh should be happy with the birthday celebration he got.

2 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

Yay for low key!

Mindy said...

Looks like a great party to me! Happy Birthday to the little guy. I'm sorry you had to spend it in the hospital, but he looked like he had fun anyway. And like you said, he doesn't know the difference, so it's all good. I can't quite believe our little guys are two already! Congratulations on two great years!