October 18, 2010

time for a haircut

Josh really needs a hair cut, but has the weirdest hair. I can say this because I'm his mom. He still has some bald patches, has this widow's peak thing going on the top of his head and in some places half of the hairs are long, wispy and curly. I think I'm just going to have to take him in to get it cut because I've tried myself and Josh will not sit still. So I've deluded myself into thinking that perhaps if I take him someplace else, I could distract him with a movie or something while a professional quickly attempts to make his hair a more consistent length. Yeah, I've got a bad feeling about how that is going to go too.

But until then, we've been having fun with hair gel.

I love his solemn little face as Daddy gets him ready for church.

Here's a quick church/nursery update. Josh still hates it. He starts crying when they say the final prayer in Sacrament meeting. One of us has to be in there with him because they say his crying disrupts the other children. He was so upset this Sunday that he cried himself to sleep right on the floor. I've given up the idea of being able to sit through church and listen to all the lessons and instead am focusing on the idea of church osmosis. Hopefully by just sitting in the building I can absorb some semblance of spirituality while I try to keep my kid from screaming.

4 comments:

Carina & Dan said...

I feel your pain. Juliet won't sit still or be quiet during sacrement meeting so we end up in the halls. And then I haven't been to Sunday school or nursery in pretty much two years because of a new baby and now my nursery calling. I guess I'll just ponder on Wheels on the Bus go Round & Round and hope that counts for something :)
Josh was so cute Sunday though. He was walking around cry/whining(ie:not screaming) and I picked up a blanket & he went over by the wall & layed down to be covered up. Poor guy probably would have stayed there the whole time but Siena decided that he needed to be uncovered and sat on & that just ruined it for him.

Mindy said...

I cut Gunner's hair myself, but it is very slow going. It takes me a long time, and the last time I did it, I cut it three times over a week in order to get it right. I strap him down into his portable high chair, and I set him on some laid-out towels in front of his favorite movie. I also supply him with treats, twizzlers and dum-dums being my favorite because they last the longest. Go for it! And good luck!

deb sorensen said...

LOL! You always inspire HUGE comments to your blog.

My huge comment is this:

I've stopped being able to listen. Instead it's dedicated to helping Claire think about Jesus...which hopefully helps me do the same. Good luck. I'm so sorry nursery is so hard for him. How you doing? feeling? and you'll probably have to email me because I never check back here! I'm terrible but I forget which one I comment on and then it takes forever to find it and then I'm frustrated and give up ;)

you're great. good luck

Kristen and Alex said...

Hey....Delson is the same exact way! Right after sacrament he starts crying because he knows what is coming. It is ridiculous, especially with a second child, so I hope that Josh gets over it for you soon. Josh is adorable. I am excited to see your new little one and hope that your last month goes smoothly. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.