February 22, 2011

our new babies

Since my last post, the creeping crud has been making its way through our home.  Josh had pink eye, then he and David got nasty colds.  They went to the doctor and while David was able to get a couple prescriptions, they wouldn't do anything for Josh because he isn't 4 years old.  This is pretty frustrating for me because Josh is bigger than many 4 year old children and yet no one will give him anything for his terrible hacking cough that keeps him up all night.  Last time it turned into walking pneumonia and I'm worried that it will do that again this time since it won't go away.  I've given him all the herbal medications I can (my mother works for a homeopathic/alternative care doctor) and we run a humidifier in his room.  I think because he was born premature that anything that gets into his lungs hits poor Josh extra hard.

So this past week and a half I've been taking care of a sick husband and a sick toddler while trying to keep Ben and myself healthy.  It didn't work.  I've got the bad cough now as well and Ben all of a sudden has a bunch of goop in his eyes, though he isn't showing any other symptoms yet.

Anyways, onto the reason for my post title: we finally joined the rest of advanced society and got smart phones.  I really was just going along with David, but now that I have my iphone, I LOVE it.  I love having a calendar, camera, notepad, games to entertain my kids, shopping list, scriptures, church books, reading books and music on me at all times.  We're using our tax return money (it's nice to have an accountant husband do our taxes so we know exactly what we're going to get, even though we haven't officially filed them yet) to pay for the phones themselves, plus the plans for the rest of the year.  Luckily through my work my phone and data package are discounted.

Here are some of the fun pictures I've been able to capture with my phone.  Enjoy!

This is what I got when I was trying to put Ben to bed the other night.  This kid loves to play already!

And finally, here is perhaps the cutest thing you may see today:

3 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

You're right, that was pretty cute.

Kristen and Alex said...

Fun! Those phones sure are nice for on the spot pictures! Good work!

Kristen and Alex said...

Oh and please get well soon! That is no fun having everyone in your house sick.