December 18, 2011

Ben turned a year old! A while ago...

Lets just blame being behind on ye olde Yorgesen Chronicles on moving, shall we?  I'll wear out that excuse a little bit longer.

Benjamin turned one on the ninth.  His 12 month stats are as follows: height 31.75 inches (94%) weight 24 lbs (68%) and head size is 18.25 inches (48%).  At his appointment I found out he had double ear infections.  Poor kid.  I thought he was just cranky from teething and a cold.  So now he's on medicine that gives him a terrible diaper rash.  I work with meds all the time and have never heard of an allergy that causes diaper rash and he's had a very similar medicine in the past without such results, but it started the day that he started on the meds and is the worst rash I've ever seen.  So he got to celebrate with a sore bum, painful ears and new teeth.  Happy times indeed!

First birthdays are a pretty low-key event round these parts.  It consisted of undecorated mini cupcakes after daddy got home from work.  The best part was waking up with us singing 'Happy Birthday' to him and seeing his HUGE grin.  Of course he could have cared less about the present I got him (and that is why you don't spend lots of money on a one year old's presents) but the cupcake did intrigue him.  Until he aspirated some chocolate crumbs and started choking.  Yup, the kid kind of had a rough birthday this year.  Well, it can only get better from here, Little Buddy!

And now, here are ten zillion precious pictures of the little monster eating his very first cupcake.


What is this?  You mean its MINE?!?!

 You can't fool me, mother.  I can tell this is from a box.

 Ben insists on having a handful of food in one fist while he eats with another.

 "Take my picture too Mama!" - Josh, age three and only slightly jealous of the presents Ben got.

 "This is soooo good dude!"

showing off those new chompers

Don't deny it, this fat little face is the cutest thing you've seen today.

"Don't you dare touch my camera with those chocolatey crumby little sausages." - Me


I don't know if it says more for how laid back of a baby Ben is, or more on my ways of cleaning that Ben is totally used to being vacuumed off after meals.  And that he finds it hilarious.

Happy (rather late) birthday to my not-really-a-baby baby boy.  We love you so much!

1 comment:

Brittany Evans said...

I am laughing so hard about Ben's being vacuumed off after meals!! Haha that is the best idea I've heard in a while. I vacuum Brady's high chair because I'm too lazy to clean it any other way, but to vacuum him as well is a wonderful idea. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN! Such a cute, happy boy!