December 22, 2011

Sunshine!

We had an afternoon of beautiful winter sunshine today.  When Ben went down for his nap, Josh and I headed for the great wilds, known as our cement pad and semi-enclosed patio.  Of course, Josh had to pack along our newest set of Dr. Seuss books.

Josh insisted on riding his bike and his scooter while holding his books.  Well, ride in the Josh sense of pushing himself along with his feet because it's a sensory thing for him to never want his feet off the ground unless we're the ones holding him up.  The kid never jumps.  Ever.  But I digress.  After the failed attempts at pushing a bike while holding four books, Josh decided to do a little 'reading' on the porch.  The lighting was nice, so I snapped a few pictures with my phone.  And then after the kids went to bed I fiddled around with my photo editing program because once upon a time before I had kids, I really loved photography and digitally manipulating pictures.  I shall now grace you with the fruits of my creative endeavors. 

Not too bad for iphone pictures if I say so myself.  I love this kid and am so happy that I've been able to instil a love of reading in him so early.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

These are gorgeous Lauren! I'm impressed with the phone shots! =)

I love the montage at the end, and the one with the quote... especially love that the book in that photo is upside down. ;)

Brittany Evans said...

These pictures really are so awesome Lauren! You've got talent! Plus a super cute boy who can't help but be adorable in pictures. :) Love these!