Most of you have probably heard already, but baby boy number three is coming our way in September. I was neither surprised or disappointed. I had it lurking in the back of my mind for a while that it was a boy and felt it even more strongly in the week leading up to the exam. So when little boy obliged us with a very obvious view I can truly say that I was happy and content to add another guy to the mix. I'm glad for that bit of early inspiration because it allowed me to gradually come to peace with the fact that I may never have a daughter.
Everything looked perfect in the exam and baby is growing just fine, which was good for me to hear because I've been so sick that I've only gained eight pounds so far this pregnancy. On that front (knock on wood) I haven't been nauseous in over a week, so perhaps I'm finally past that stage? I hope so. The appetite has kicked in too (because seven of those eight pounds were gained in the last four weeks) much to David's amusement as I go back for a second dinner after the boys go to bed.
We've decided (and actually had this name picked out for a few months) that this boy's name is Samuel. We're going to keep the middle name under wraps in case we change our minds. Like Josh and Ben, Sam's name came easily to us and just felt right from the first time we thought of it.
So pink and ruffles go back to into my mind's storage. I'm not ready to throw out the dream yet, but that decision can wait for another year or two.
2 comments:
AH! A boy. What a great thing you already know how to do those ;) I love Sam. I think it's a perfect 'family' fit. And no, I wouldn't be saying that if you named it something like...Cloud. ha ha ha
I didn't know! YAY! We love three boys. :) Congratulations!
Post a Comment