Oh, don't run screaming from the room. I'm talking about the under four set. Today it was warm enough to use our little pool.
As I was watering the garden (yes, I know that afternoon isn't idea watering time, but I didn't think about it this morning and you could practically hear my almost-dead cucumbers gasping and barely clinging to life outside the window) the boys kept trying to play with the watering can. They had been rather cranky, so I decided to pull out the pool to give them something that hopefully they couldn't fight over.
After about 10 minutes I realized that everyone was squinting, so out came the hats.
Ben didn't last very long before he demanded to get out and be given refreshments. He is NOT my outdoors child.
Then I realized that I was being a bad mother and Josh's sensitive skin (another thing he can thank his mother for) was already showing signs of a sunburn. So out came the suit top. But he and I saw no need for pants.
While Josh played in the pool for over an hour, Ben condescendingly decided that he could probably play outside with trucks for a while. Actually it was more of reluctant acceptance after a tantrum because Mommy wouldn't abandon Josh outside to sit on the couch with him and watch a movie.
Yes, the hat looks a little girly to me too, but it is seriously the ONLY hat I can get him to wear. All others I've tried get ripped off immediately. Perhaps I can decorate it to look like a Storm Trooper helmet? Meh, I'm confident enough with my boy's masculinity that they don't have to be decked out in camouflage or motorcycles to prove to the world that they're boys.
I'm going to wrap up here with how incredibly happy I am to be a home owner with a yard. I LOVE having all this space for the boys to run amok and scream and yell within some sort of reason without worrying about neighbors. And I've got to find some sort of cushy pool-friendly seating so that I can join those little boys next time.
3 comments:
Adorable! I love that they enjoy pool time naked. Haha. Delson is just like Josh....LOVES the water even if it is cold out. He will get completely wet and crazy in it and Kambria stays far away from it like Ben. Cute! You have adorable boys. Are you ever in the Tri-Cities area?
We normally make a pilgrimage up to Mattawa in the summer, but being this preggo right now I'm not really feeling up to it. But next time we do we should all get together. I'm thinking we'll be up around thanksgiving or Christmas.
I love fun summer activities! Your boys are totally adorable in their hats and clothing optional. :)
Post a Comment