May 14, 2012

Ikea on a Saturday, post-surgery, with two small children, while pregnant. Yeah, we might be nuts.

I love Ikea, but that love is best served by distance as far as my wallet is concerned.  Perhaps if I went often then I would be less tempted to pick up that extra $100 of merchandise I never intended on buying.  Maybe.  Yes, it's a good idea that the closest one is two hours away.

 
 David was a trooper and pushed himself around in that stylin' wheelchair.  We also scored a parking spot Right Next To The Doors.  Heaven was smiling down on us that day.  Both boys did exceptionally well, despite the fact that their eating and sleeping schedules were thrown off.
 I think Josh thought he had a pretty sweet set up with blankets, pillows and unlimited itouch playing.  As well as plenty of snacks and juice.
Yup, David did wheel that cart with his wheelchair through the throngs of other Ikea Saturday Worshipers.  My honey's got mad skillz.

At this point Ben was getting pretty darn tired, but still
managed a pretty cheesy "say cheese" face for the camera.

To celebrate a long day of shopping, we ate dinner at our favorite PDX eatery, The Waffle Window.  Ben had totally passed out by this time, but luck was with us again and we scored a parking spot right next to the window and were able to eat in the car.  Because it would have been sheer madness to try and wake a baby that had just spent the entire day awake shopping.  He did wake up for a brief visit with our friends to celebrate her birthday with a surprise party.  Wish we could have stayed longer, but we didn't want to push our luck with the boys.  They actually did really, really good and it makes me look forward to the couple of activities we have planned for them this summer.

I'm closer to having the nursery set up now, with my rocker, bedspread and some pillow forms in need of cute covers.  I ordered a ceramic owl lamp (more of a soft, extra large night light) that should arrive soon and I've been scouring Etsy for some pillow covers.  On my next weekend off I think I'm going to head to the paint store and get some sample colors for the walls.  Once those are painted, I'll see if I need to try my luck again at finding a rug.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Are these pictures coming across clear to you? Granted they're phone pics and not the highest quality, but when I was editing this post they looked much clearer than what I'm seeing now. Let me know, are they pretty fuzzy?

Brittney said...

LOVE the pics of the boys buried in the shopping cart! =)

The next time you make an Ikea run you can feel free to give me a call... I would be more than happy to be your partner in crime. =)

Kristen and Alex said...

I LOVE Ikea too! That place rocks, but we live so far from one, we NEVER go, which Alex appreciates. I'm glad your kids were good for you and David does have mad skills! He's pretty amazing pushing that cart around! I love the picture of Josh at the bottom of the cart with all the stuff piled on top of him. Haha! Too funny! And I think the pictures look great!