The most amazing thing happened this morning. The boys were playing in the other room. I heard Josh say "help help" in a not-very-serious way, so I kept eating my breakfast. In a few seconds Josh came over to me and said "supposed to share." So he lead me back over to where Ben was sitting in one of our camp chairs. Josh said "share" again and Ben climbed out so Josh could sit up there.Josh has progressed so much lately and has really become a joy to have around. Yes, we still have temper tantrums on occasion and I still have to teach at almost every interaction we have, but it is getting so much easier! Josh has become so polite with his "excuse me" after toots or burps and saying sorry when he even bumps into me. He reliably says thank you and you're welcome. Hugs and kisses aren't spontaneous yet, but if I ask for one he comes running to comply. Josh doesn't really whine either, which I'm coming to appreciate now that Ben is getting older.
1st amazing thing: Josh didn't simply yank Ben out of the chair.
2nd amazing thing: Josh verbally asked for help and when I didn't immediately come, sought me out.
3rd amazing thing: 'supposed to share' is a pretty complex thought to express.
4th amazing thing: the conflict was resolved without a single whine, scream or cry.
To anyone who knew Josh a year ago, this sort of communication and maturity is nothing short of a miracle.
I'm going to go ahead and give myself a pat on the back for this one. My hard work is really starting to pay off. I don't think I've ever enjoyed Josh as much as I do right now. I've always looked forward to coming milestones and him progressing. Now I'm thinking that he can stay in this sweet, loving, easy to please, happy-without-a-care-in-the-world stage for as long as we can get.
4 comments:
So happy for you guys! Great work Lauren and Josh!
YAY, Josh!!! This is what happens when you keep stickin' with it, Mom. His success is your success. :)
Hooray! I'm so glad for yoU!
Freaking awesome, Lauren! Seriously SO happy for. I'll give 100000000pats on the back. great work, Mommy! Great work, Josh! You get pats too!
Post a Comment