May 10, 2012

Procrastination

I really should be cleaning my house.  We're having a BBQ party for David's 30th birthday this weekend.  The house doesn't look any better than when I started cleaning this weekend.  Of course things are more organized because I changed out the boy's seasonal clothes.  This is a rather big task because I had gotten in multiple big bags of hand me downs from our Fairy Godmother (we haven't bought hardly any clothes or toys in years) that needed to be sorted into what Josh can wear now, what he can wear this winter, and what will probably fit him next summer.  Then of the winter clothes Josh wore this season, I had to sort what will probably still fit him this coming winter and what will be passed on to Ben.  Then the same process had to be repeated for Ben's clothing.  I must say I'm rather happy to be having another boy so that I didn't have to worry about storing girl clothes on top of that.

In addition to changing out the kid's wardrobe, I finally submitted to the increasing stomach size and got out the maternity clothes.  And I've decided that I want to spend the rest of the summer in long, flowing maxi skirts.  I just got one and wearing it feels heavenly.  Plus I can go longer between shaving my legs.  I think I'm going to have to head down to the Saturday Market and get me some of those hippy skirts.
Here is the obligatory 21 week belly shot.

In other fun pregnancy news, I think I've somehow developed a reaction to latex.  Every time I get a bandage put on, my skin breaks out and I itch like mad.  See picture:
And just so that you're not emotionally scarred for life, this is not my bum.  It's my hip and that's only about an inch or two below where I normally wear my pants.  I just don't have hips or a waist anymore.  I took the bandage off as soon as the bleeding from my shot stopped, but more than two days later my skin is still broken out and itchy.  I'm thinking of wearing an old shirt when I get my weekly shots now because I think blood on my clothing is the lesser evil choice.  And yes, after twenty weeks of shots my backside will look like it belongs to a drug addict.

So there's the pregnancy update for all those who care (Hi Mom! Though you have to listen to me whine about this in real life... sorry about that.)  I should really go out and pull weeds in my soon-to-be-garden area, or at least vacuum the upstairs.  However, there is that book from the library I just checked out and the boys are having quiet/nap time...  Meh, I still have tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristen and Alex said...

You look SO cute! And I think skirts are the GREATEST during pregnancy. So comfortable! Sorry about the latex reaction, what a pain to have to deal with that. But you look great!