April 1, 2010

What he neglected to mention

Caution: this post contains poop. Feel free to continue on to other blogs who probably are posting about much nicer subjects.

Still here? OK, I gave you fair warning.

Josh was taking a bubble bath the other evening with David in charge of watching him. This primarily consists of Josh attempting to soak everything and David attempting to keep his itouch out of the splash zone. Not too long later, I hear David calling out "I need a towel." I meandered about, taking my time on route to the bathroom. Then came a more urgent message, "I need a towel NOW!" I grab a towel and hurry into the bathroom to see David holding up Josh naked over the tub. Then I see little brown floating things amidst the bubbles. David gets Josh wrapped up in the towel and then marches him off to the bedroom, saying something along the lines of "I don't do poop." I figure, no problem, its only a few little bits. Turns out this was like the captain of Titanic saying, "its only a bit of ice."

Little did I know, lurking beneath the surface of bubbles was more poo then I thought possible for Josh to produce in a single moment. This child is a constant wonder and full of surprises. Lets just say that I was very grateful to find a pair of latex gloves in my medical kit.

2 comments:

The Marley Family said...

Too funny! Gross, but funny. Sounds like Derek giving Van a bath when he was that age. He would always leave him in too long (cause Van loved baths). I would warn him, but it wasn't til the unwanted guests arrived that he understood my warning.

By the way, it will probably happen again.

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I probably would've gagged cleaning it up, but your story made me laugh. Hopefully it'll be funnier as time goes on for you. :-)