This baby is driving me crazy. I really thought he'd be here by now, after all that I went though to keep him in while he needed to be there. When I was on bed rest this summer I still had contractions. When I had to get shot in the bum over 25 times I still had contractions. When I had to stay in the hospital for two weekends I still had contractions. When I went on a medication that dropped my blood pressure super low, gave me headaches and kept me awake at night, I still had contractions.
So what happens when I stop all the meds? No contractions. At least, no contractions that matter. I'll get them at night sometimes, but just as soon as I think its time to call the doctor, they stop. I still get the back pain, the restless legs, inferno heartburn and insomnia, but no contractions that do anything.
This child just wants to be in total control of my life, taking everything I plan for and turning it upside down. You know what I'm worried about now? My mom said in passing that it would just be the icing on the unexpected cake if he turned out to be a girl. Since I haven't had an ultrasound since 20 weeks, that thought stuck in my head and now I worry that little Ben might turn out to be a Benjamina. That would just about be my luck right now.
Can you tell that I'm getting to the grumpy end-of-pregnancy stage yet? Actually, the one you need to feel sorry for is David.
3 comments:
Lauren, I hope the end of your pregnancy finishes well and quickly for you. BTW, my youngest sister is a nurse at Sacred Heart in the mothers and babies unit, so if you deliver there and you're there during the day shift, you may see her. She'll be there during Thanksgiving--maybe Ben will make his appearance on Turkey Day!
Take care! We're thinking of you!
Haha....you are too funny. He will be here soon enough and 2 is crazier than one, so you should enjoy the time you have right now. But I know that the last few weeks of pregnancy are difficult to get through. And technically you still have 3 weeks left. You can do it! He'll be here before you know it!
End of pregnancy is the worst and it feels like never ending. Just remember that the longer he stays in, the healthier he will be (not that that helps your pain now).
Could you ask to have another ultrasound? That would at least put your mind at ease.
Post a Comment