After three months, we finally got the artwork hung on the walls.
The pirate quilt was made by my mom. She is so talented!
With the extra fabric, she made a 'treasure map' surrounded by this cute fabric.
Kudos to you if you recognized the pirate ship on the left as the one from the Disneyland ride Pirates of the Caribbean. The other is a 'retro' ride poster, also from DL. (sorry for the weird angles, but I had to avoid the glare of the flash)
Little Ben will one day join his older brother in pirate mayhem in their bedroom (I didn't take a picture, but there's actually a skull and crossbones flag on Josh's bedroom door) but for a little while he'll hang out in our bedroom. We moved furniture around this weekend to make room for him. At first I had the changing table in front of my bookshelf, but then a little voice reminded me about what happens when you change diapers on baby boys. Luckily I thought to move it before any of my books got an accidental sprinkle.
Ben still hasn't made his arrival yet. It figures that I had lots of contractions while on all the different medications and bed rest, but once I stopped them all the contractions totally stopped. I was all psyched up to have a baby this weekend, but it looks like he wants to hang out for a bit longer.
4 comments:
I love the quilts. i never bought the pirate fabrics, but they were pretty tempting.
Their room is absolutely adorable, good work. Your mom really is talented! I love how she also made the map to go along with the quilt--too cute.
I am in awe of people who know how to sew and quilt (one of these days I will take a class or something).
Oh and good idea to move the changing table. :)
What a fun room! What kid wouldn't want to hang our in there? :)
Cute room! Josh must be in heaven! I'm glad to hear that you're still hanging in there. The safest place for that little guy is in your belly...for now, and it seems like he finally knows it.
Post a Comment