If you're tired of pregnancy posts (and I don't really blame you) know that the little child hasn't come yet. You may now move on to blog stalking more interesting lives.
This weekend turned out a bit eventful for nothing actually happening. Saturday night I started getting really strong contractions, enough that I had my bag ready to to to the hospital and even had my shoes on. Then I decided that I wasn't in enough pain yet and stuck it out at home. After a long night with only 3 hours of sleep (Thank you, LOTR for keeping me company) I awoke in the morning with no contractions at all. Then, things started heating up again Sunday night with more contractions.
So this is what is going on. I went in to be monitored and checked and while I was there, found out a very interesting thing: I can't feel real contractions. What I thought were contractions were actually baby movements. This is pretty common in thin moms with small stomachs. The nurse, watching the monitor would ask me if I felt something, which was a large contraction according to the machines, but I didn't feel a thing. Great. So pretty much the golden standard they give you for coming into the hospital, strong contractions lasting a minute, no more than five minutes apart for at least an hour, won't work for me. Pretty much what I have to get to is pain bad enough that I can't function. Gee, I'm really looking forward to that.
At least I know more of what to expect and not to be worried by the sort of stuff I've been feeling the past two days. I am further along in the labor process then I was at my MD appointment last week, so that is also a good sign. The best thing about all this is that again, baby Ben looks like he is doing fantastic. He's growing right on track, his heart rate is perfect and he's moving around normally. On a final note, when the nurse was hooking me up to the monitors, Ben decided to do some of his kung fu moves, including trying to push some appendage out my side. She said, and I quote, "Oh, that's kind of alien-esque." Thank you. I'll let you know if he pops out of my chest anytime soon.
1 comment:
Any moment now...yea!
Maybe it's a good thing that you can't feel the contractions in the early stage of labor. Don't worry about it, I'm sure you will feel them soon.
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope the birth goes well.
Post a Comment