March 1, 2011

May I be excused yet?

I've been playing Florence Nightingale for almost three weeks now.  My baby is up all night coughing and going through more outfit changes than Anne Hathaway at the Oscars.  My two year old spent all day today tossing his cookies on every single non-easily-cleaned surface of my apartment.  It's a cruel irony that the only place he didn't puke was in the bathroom.  I had to do four unplanned loads of laundry.  I cleaned with so many disinfecting products today that my hands hurt.  I'm taking Ben to the doctor tomorrow because I think he has croup.  Josh never had it, but after looking at the symptoms online and paying more attention to what his cough sounds like, I'm pretty sure that is what's going on.  I would really love for us all to be healthy again.

Cue sounds of wailing woe.  Insert pitying comments here.  Thank you.

[update] Ben has RSV.  The contraption you have to put a baby in to get a chest x-ray looks like it came from the Spanish inquisition.  His lungs are "hazy" but nothing for immediate concern.  We're just going to keep an eye on him for now.  Josh appears to be getting better so maybe we're on the healing side of things now.
[update to the update] This morning the office called and after the radiologist looked at the x-rays s/he said that it was mild pneumonia.  So now Be is on antibiotics and if he hasn't improved in 48 hours I have to bring him in again.  I'm glad he got something because last night was probably the worst night yet.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry it's been so tough lately...You're an amazing mom-and I hope you know that :) You're one rough-tough-cocoa-puff if you ask me!

Madame Palmkey said...

Sounds totally awful. I'm sorry!

Kristen and Alex said...

Dang you sure have had it rough but you have a really good attitude for it all. Poor Ben! I hope both of your boys get better soon and pray for an early spring. Sickness sickness go away!

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry. :S That just plain stinks. I will be praying for you guys.