Once again, I find myself the unintended victim of my own thriftiness. One of the things I dislike about drugstore shopping is that getting the good deals usually involves rewards dollars to be used like cash on your next purchase. Except that 'cash' comes with a lot of strings attached like expiration dates and merchandise exclusions. Yes, you can get good drug store deals and I have, but this time it came back to bite me. I had $5 in Walgreens Register Rewards that were about to expire. I don't like using them on overpriced groceries and there wasn't anything on sale that week that I needed. In the baby area I found some wipes that came out to be the same price per wipe that I can get at Costco, so I bought three packs because with two monsters in diapers, those will never go to waste in this household.
Imagine my disappointment when I opened up the package to find THIS:
Perhaps you wondering what the problem is. If you are, you probably don't have children. IT IS MESH! This is the only thing between your hand and feces and they made it of mesh?!
So I end up using twice as many wipes as I normally would. Needless to say I will not be using cheap, generic wipes anymore. Playing the coupon game is all fun and games until someone gets poo on their hand.

4 comments:
I love that picture. It made me laugh out loud.
I bought cheap wipes at an over-priced grocery store on a vacation last year. I swear they were made out of recycled paper. I ended up throwing them away. I am a big believer in very specific brands of diapers and wipes. It's a lesson learned the very hard way!
Sorry I shouldn't laugh but this post was so funny. Really what are they thinking, mesh wipes geez!
Gross, agreed.
FYI, I have used the CVS wipes and if I remember correctly, they weren't bad!
I loved this post! Sean calls me a "Brand Whore" but I've discovered over time that some things you just should not purchase in store brand. I've actually had that same experience with "mesh" wipes. Ugh. So gross...
Post a Comment