October 12, 2008

Joshua, Day 3

Here are today's updates: I am getting discharged this evening and Josh will be staying here. He's still under the lights for jaundice and they will check his levels again tomorrow morning. Josh was doing well enough to get rid of the wire monitoring his oxygen levels and they turned down his IV fluids a little. He's eating 6mls of milk every 3 hours. They will probably be putting a tube down his nose to his stomach tonight or tomorrow. They are also keeping an eye on his face because his mouth opens a little crooked and they want to make sure he isn't missing any muscles which may be a sign of other developmental problems, especially in his heart. They aren't worried about it yet as long as it corrects itself in a couple days. He is doing VERY well for his age. He hasn't needed any breathing assistance at all. Josh hasn't got the sucking part down yet for me to feed him by myself, but they assure me that it will come in time. We're happy that he is more awake now and love seeing him look at us. The little guy keeps us all entertained with how active he is. He loves to sprawl out and kick his legs around. Joshua is just like David and my dad in that he doesn't like to have his feet under any covers.

Thank you again for all your phone calls, prayers and help. We are very blessed.

4 comments:

The TAUFA'S said...

David and Lauren--Joshua is cute! I am excited for you, and doesn't he have a tale for his birth. I'm glad you are both doing well.

Jenny said...

Joshua is a doll! Congrats! We hope that all goes well and you get to bring him home soon. You will be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, guys...What a cutie. We are so glad you are all doing alright. I can't believe how much he eats!!!!!! Claire ate about 10 (if we could get her to) when she was born and she was full-term! He's starting to grow...how wonderful.

Stephanie said...

Hi Lauren! I've been thinking about you guys since I got the news that Josh had arrived. I can see what a proud papa David is and you look beautiful after just having had a baby! He looks like such a precious little guy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys that he'll be home and healthy with you and David soon. xx